Degas Sugar Beet
DEGAS: NEW – The lowest bolting from normal sowings
- Rhizomania resistant
- Diploid N type – sugar balance variety
- Recommended in January 2017
- Status: PR1
Degas, one of the two new Strube sugar beet varieties for 2018, offers a good, versatile agronomic package including high sugar yields and adjusted tonnes with good sugar content and respectably low levels of bolting from both Early and Normal sowings.
Degas is already a commercial variety and National Listed in France and Denmark and offers another high another useful high-performance genetic on the new Recommended List.
All in all, a neat and tidy sugar beet with very large tops and good looking uniform roots.
Why choose Degas Sugar Beet?
- High sugar yield and sugar content
- Low bolting from early sowings
- The lowest bolting from normal sowings
- Large tops and vigorous growth giving good ground cover
- Competitively priced high value variety
Degas is a resilient and adaptable variety on the 2018 BBRO/BSPB Recommended List which in addition to high yields, ticks all the other boxes for sugar beet growers; with very good bolting resistance from early and normal drillings, good establishment and good canopy development. Added to the BBRO UK Recommended List in January 2017, DegasPasteur has already made a significant contribution to the national sugar beet crop and remains among the most popular varieties in UK fields again in 2017.
How to use Degas Sugar Beet:
- Complementary variety to Haydn with high yield, high sugar content and low bolting, potentially a replacement for those that like Pasteur
- Suitable for all soil types and all drilling dates.
- Excellent cost-effective transport variety
- Harvest early or late
Download the latest Strube Pasteur Sugar Beet Variety Guide here.
Find Out More About Strube UK’s Sugar Beet Varieties
If you would like to know more about Strube UK’s sugar beet varieties or would like to become involved in a sugar beet trial, then please do not hesitate to contact the Strube UK team. Alternatively you can contact us by calling Richard at our Fakenham office on (01328) 851572 or by emailing him by clicking here